We are looking for an outgoing, customer friendly, and self motivated individual to join our team in the Austin, TX area!!
Red Ball Oxygen Co., Inc. is a privately owned distributor of Industrial, Specialty, and Medical Gases, welding and industrial equipment, and safety supplies. We have 19 retail operations in Louisiana, Texas, and Arkansas, with packaged gas production capabilities in Shreveport, LA, Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and Houston, TX.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
A. Branch Operations
1. Oversee efficient routing and delivery of customer products according to location, need and urgency.
2. Monitor and insure completion of periodic vehicle maintenance. Oversee general building and grounds maintenance completion.
3. Supervise and assist with inside sales activities involving orders, pricing and overall customer service.
4. Maintain accurate and required cylinder and hard goods inventory. Interface with Purchasing on inventory or product ordering requirements.
5. Coordinate customer cylinder audits; resolve usage problems or discrepancies through effective negotiating and customer communications.
6. Provide product demonstrations for customers. Complete outside sales activities with designated customers; provide counsel and assistance on customer needs or product application issues.
7. Interface and follow-up with customers on accounts receivable issues.
8. Insure following of safe work practices and compliance with OSHA, DOT, etc. regulatory guidelines.
9. Assist with such other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned.
B. Management and Administration
1. Assign branch employees specific work objectives and job responsibilities. Effectively plan branch operations which insure optimal efficiency.
2. Complete the necessary recruiting and hiring of branch employees. Monitor employee job performance; provide necessary coaching, training, counseling and disciplinary action.
3. Insure compliance to established company policies, procedures and federal/state regulatory requirements.
4. Maintain timely and accurate feedback to employees regarding policy or procedure changes from headquarters office.
5. Prepare, monitor and insure conformance to annual budget; develop annual work plan, goals and objectives.
6. Provide overall management recommendations which enhance Branch efficiency and profitability.
Education: Degree in business or related field or comparable experience. Knowledge of chemistry and advanced mathematical principles helpful.
Experience: Minimum 2 years progressively responsible experience in the areas of distribution management, operations or sales; background preferably acquired in a welding supplies business environment.
Red Ball Oxygen offers a competitive compensation and benefits package: medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holidays.
Note: Red Ball Oxygen Co., Inc. retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time
Please fill out the attached application and send a resume to email@example.com