Red Ball Oxygen Co., Inc. is a privately owned distributor of Industrial, Specialty, and Medical Gases, welding and industrial equipment, and safety supplies. We have 19 retail operations in Louisiana, Texas, and Arkansas, with packaged gas production capabilities in Shreveport, LA, Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and Houston, TX.
We are looking for a dynamic, fast-paced Inside Sales Representative for our Minden, LA Branch.
To provide effective internal and telephone customer sales and service activities. Ensure that the store location is adequately stocked with required product lines. Aid customers in identifying product needs and proper product application.
- Complete overall sales and customer service duties for walk-in customers.
- Set up showroom product displays, stock shelves, and maintain general condition of showroom.
- Check-in equipment repairs; perform non-major equipment maintenance or repair. Assemble new welding equipment for display.
- Interface with drivers on delivery manifest and driver ticket verifications.
- Interface with purchasing department regarding various stocking issues i.e. disposal of dead stock, sourcing materials for customers, expediting orders, etc.
- Complete necessary cycle counting and inventory control of products; adjust inventory with purchasing department and perform required computer transactions.
- As required, receive new items and enter into computer; fill back orders and assist in shipping/receiving duties.
- Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately, and investigated promptly.
- Maintain a professional and neat appearance of self when representing the company.
- Ensure customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary.
- Perform mathematical calculations.
- Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by management.
- Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Red Ball Oxygen policies is a condition of employment.
- 2 years’ experience in inside sales or customer service preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform data entry in a computer, and extract information on orders.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Must be detail-oriented.
Previous Experience Desired
- Some experience in handling compressed gases.
- Customer service or sales experience.
- Computer skills or some knowledge of computer order entry system.
Red Ball Oxygen offers a competitive compensation and benefits package: medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holidays.
Please fill out the attached application and send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org